1/27/09

Let me vent for a second...
A bit of advice?
When trying to impress people,
...don't talk about yourself.
The people I admire most aren't the ones
with the greatest victories or the highest IQ
They're the ones who make me feel like I mean something to them.
My dad used to tell me a story and I wish I knew it exactly
but the gist of it is...
A woman went to a dinner party
and the man she sat next to talked about himself
and his awards and accomplishments all night
and when she got home and was asked how her night was
she said she had met the most amazing person.
The next night she was invited to another dinner party
and the man she sat next to didn't talk about himself
but wanted to hear about her
and when she got home and was asked about her night
she said she had met a man
who made her feel like the most amazing person.
Then my dad would ask, "...who would you rather be with?"

2 comments:

Tanya said...

My favourite people in life are the ones who are truly interested in other people, who YOU are, what YOU do. Even if they've just met you and will probably never see you again, they're eager to hear stories of other people's lives.

Nathan Williams said...

this is awesome. I couldn't agree more.

thanks for the reminder

Blog Archive