5/4/09

Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School 1Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School

Welcome to my new home…
Located in Vinton, Iowa, the Iowa Braille & Sight Saving School was founded in 1852 and is Iowa's second oldest education institution. Students from all over Iowa are housed and educated there and must be legally blind to attend. Their most famous student, Mary Ingalls, graduated in 1889. After a threat to close the institution, Iowa Senator Tom Harkin fought to designate the school as the site for Iowa’s only AmeriCorps NCCC facility. Vinton is currently home to 5,102 people.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Casey K., When your finished all of the faculty, students, and towns people of Vinton will have a hard time giving you up. but between the moment you arrive and the moment you leave you will be awesome and loved by everybody. I'll put a g on that!

PaintaPicture said...

I am jealous and totally excited for you!! I wish I was going with you, I have always wanted to do something like this.

Also, I need to know. Is this Mary Ingalls THE Mary Ingalls featured in the show Little House on the Prairie?! Please, get back to me on this.

I love you!

Blog Archive